Forms & Services
This page provides forms for most of the activities and services ICDM supports. If, however, the form you are looking for is not available, please stop by, call the office or email us at ICDM Support. The forms are available in PDF format.
* Membership Form: fill it and mail it with your check or stop by the office and give it to any of the ICDM board members with your membership check.
ICDM performs Islamic marriage ceremonies. In what follows, we summarize the instructions to be followed regarding what paperwork is needed, what people are involved, and the Marriage Certificate details.
Islamic Marriage Instructions
Contact ICDM prior to marriage date to schedule an appointment for marriage.
The following individuals need to be present
1. The groom and bride
2. Two Muslim witnesses (optional)
3. A guardian (i.e., Wali) for the Muslim bride (if this is her first time getting married).
Bring the following documents to the appointment
1. Original copy of the Des Moines marriage license.
2. Proper photo identification cards/passports for:
1. The groom and the bride
2. The witnesses (if applicable)
3. The Guardian (if applicable)
1. ICDM members: The suggested donation is $50.00 payable by cash or check to Islamic Center of Des Moines.
2. Non-members: The suggested donation is $100.00 payable by cash or check to Islamic Center of Des Moines.
ICDM will complete and sign the Des Moines marriage license and mail it to the Clerk of Court and will issue an Islamic Marriage Certificate.
Average Funeral cost is between $2,400 to $2,700
Funeral Prayer - Salatul Janazah
Salatul Janzah is Fard Kafayah, that is, if one prays the prayer than all are bareeuz zimma [free of the responsiblity] otherwise all those who received the news but did not come are sinners. Jammat is not a condition for this prayer, it is sufficient even if one person prays, and to deny the fardiat, compulsion, of this salah is kufr, an act of disbelief.
There are two parts of this Salah:
1. To say Allahu Akbar four times
2. Qayam which was three Sunnat Mukeda: Sana, Durood Shareef, and Duaa for the deceased
Read More about Salatul Janazah
Preparation of the deceased and Janazah Prayers
There are five main points for the preparation of a Muslim's body for burial; we present briefly the procedure involved in each of them:
I. Body-Washing or "Ghusl"
II. Wrapping (Kafan)
III. Prayers (Salat)
Read More about the preparation of a Muslim's body for burial.
The Islamic Center of Des Moines welcomes those families that would like to celebrate their newly born in the Masjid
ICDM staff and members offer marriage counseling for those families going through bad times